Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mrs. Dela Cruz for a year now.


I’ve never heard anyone say “You’re perfect for each other” or “Match made in heaven kayo”. True. Were opposite, in many ways. But here we are, 7 years of knowing each other, 1 year of being married, & 7 months of being young parents.


We may differ in our points of view, manners, interests, but we complement each other. We fill in each other’s shortcomings. We adapt to become a better person not necessarily to be a changed person. So since its our anniv, let me share some of the smallest to greatest learning I had in my one year of being wifeymarg:

a. Give way. In conflict, try to stoop down and humble yourself;
b. Admit your mistakes, especially ‘pag huli ka na;
c. Take turns in arguing, learn to keep your mouth shut;
d. Sorry is better expressed with a tight hug and a starbucks;
e. Don’t hide anything, especially your finances (lalo na if hindi ka talaga magaling magtago.hehe);
f. Shop and window-shop alone, if you don’t want to be rushed;
g. Lessen your brat-mode, don’t keep on insisting something that you know isn’t feasible;
h. Before making any decision, consult your better half, or you’ll end up fighting;
i. Listen. Listen without preparing any counterargument. Besides no matter what, kampi kame ni Bubu ko, were on the same team.
j. Don’t forget to have time together, like how you used to be when still bf-gf status;
k. Surprises keep the romance burning.. haha..

There you go, these are just few of the things im learning. Its hard to juggle my roles now, but the headache, I tell you is all worth it!


Woohoo! I love you Hon, thanks for giving me both heaven and hell.
You rock my world!

6 ang nag-react:

Anonymous said...

ayan bubu.. I read your post.. its nice.. i appreaciate the details of being united.. hope to keep you forever.. im your biggest fan in this blogspot. :D

Wifey Marg said...

Coz you're my one and only reader. haha..

Anonymous said...

it's awesome how you kept the romance burning for seven years :D i'm happy for both of you iane! - cupcake

Wifey Marg said...

Aww.. thanks cupcake! When you found 'D One' let me know okay, at mabalatan ng buhay! heeh

Anonymous said...

Ang sweet naman. It's really been awhile since we talked. You were like, one of the nicest friends I had in elementary.

Anyway, I'm so happy for you! Will take note of your list there, because I have a lot to learn for mine.

Take care!

~ Angela

Wifey Marg said...

Angela, sorry ive been hibernating for quite awhile I just read this one. Thanks, keep me posted when you vist the Phil. Ill visit your blog in awhile. Still at work eh.

Post a Comment