Thursday, November 19, 2009

Youngmom's Learnings 2

On hygiene & sanitation.

When I was in 3rd year college I had an amoebiasis & suffered from major stomach ache, diarrhea, fever, and weight loss (which I thing was a blessing..haha). Same culprit attacked Yuan’s stomach in his 3rd month which surprised all of us since were overprotective of him & his things. I just learned the cause when I do the sterilizing of his bottles myself (because my then helper resigned), since the Farlin sterilizer Im using is automatic, I lifted the body and saw the murky water almost overflowing. Hindi pala nagpapalit & naglalagay ng water ang bruja. Since then I never let the helper touch Yuans bottles.

And just to attest that once you caught an amoeba, you’ll have it for life, my amoeba pet was triggered by the isaw I ate in Boracay. While Yuan had it again 2 weeks ago. Here are some of my suspects :

1. Rubber Ducky & family
Yes its fun to have them at bath time but also store water in them that your baby might drink.
When I cleaned al of them, water still drops with greenish-moss-like something inside.


2. His Fisher P blocks
Its colorful & bulky, but once you leave it for days , dust & dirt will surely be there.


3. Walker’s toys
Most walkers have detachable toys, be sure to clean them atleast once a week and you’ll be surprised on the dirt you’ll collect.



4. Teether
As early as 6 months old, babies start to grab and swallow anything. It’s the teeting period and of course we give teethers. Make sure its always clean & stored in a clean, safe place.

All four of them, and now 1&2 said their goodbyes to Yuan for now.
Im sleepy. Guess have to end here nalang muna.

2 ang nag-react:

char minicake said...

oooh. may natutunan akong something sa post mo. thanks iane! i feel like i'm prepping for (single) motherhood just by reading your blog. it's nice to know tips from someone my age! :D miss you cupcakes!

Wifey Marg said...

Minicake! Dont rush yourself ha! Love you!

Post a Comment